Thursday, January 14, 2010

Night Rider

   Nothing can make the trails you ride all the time, new and exciting again, like riding them at night. All the dynamics completely change when it's dark and you have to rely on your head or bike mounted light to keep you on the trail. Strangely enough, I've only ridden at night twice this Winter. This year, the Bedford Mountain Cross will have one race at night. Should be a super fun time.
   Today the temperature finally got significantly above freezing. A perfect evening to ride. About two miles in and I was at Five Points. I decided to head down the backside toward the Perimeter Loop. It had to be around 45 degrees. As I decended the ravine, the temps dropped faster than the altitude. Soon I was crossing icy puddles and frozen ground. The difference from top to bottom was amazing.

No comments: