Monday, June 9, 2008

Sunday, 7:00 AM, it was already well above 80 degrees. I met Allen at the Wingate for a Candler's Mtn. training ride. I had not ridden since the Blackwater group ride at Candler's on Wednesday. It was miserably hot then too. Today was going to be a short one hour ride with a lot of long steep climbs planned. We took off for our warm-up trail, Candler's Climb. Then down the Lake Trail. Up the fire road to Raccoon Alley and on to many of our favorite climbs. Near the top on one climb, we crossed a new access road. We took way out to the backside of the mountain and tied into the perimeter loop. We followed the perimeter to the lake and took the Bridge Trail out. Our hour ride turned into a two and a half hour burn. But that's good. I need to step up my training over the Summer. I know that there will be more than a few people gunning for me in the second half of the Derailer Series. I say "Bring It On!" I have a 12 point lead and I am going to work as hard as possible to get stronger before September.

No comments: