Monday, March 23, 2009

Angel's Race group ride 3/22/09

Every Sunday at 3PM, until the Angel's Race in April, there will be a group ride that starts at the downtown YMCA. This was the second one so far. The turn out was great, around 40 riders. We took off through downtown and hit River Road. I came up behind the two lead riders. I didn't know who they were, I don't many of the local roadies, so on the long climb, I decided to go around a nd take off. What I didn't know was that these two were very strong riders. Within 2 miles, they had caught and passed me. It was all I could do to keep them in sight. After the turn around, they pulled further away and one other rider passed me. At the end of River Road the lead two had stopped, so I stopped and chatted. Their names were Barry and Brad. Didn't get their last names. They were glad when I had passed, gave them someone to chase. The catch came quick. They are good friends with Puala Dahl and when they rode back down River Road to meet her, I followed. I know now that I have a lot of training to do to keep up on the road. I figure that it can only help the mountainbiking, especially the XXC's and the Shenandoah 100. The new Lemond is great to ride. I'm so glad I bought it. I hope the weather will be nice this Sunday too.

No comments: