Monday, April 18, 2011

"N" is for

From Saturday

N is for Newbie. That is what I felt like after the Starlight Criterium race in Roanoke Saturday evening. It was a combined Catagory 4 and 5 race, so I knew it would be tough. I had to start near the back of a field of 70 or more riders. By the time I got rolling, the leaders were already around the first turn. I tried to make my way up through the pack, but it was just too strung out. After about 7 laps, I was already in danger of being lapped. Another factor was that my knee is still giving me some trouble. Anyway, I was pulled from the race like so many others that were about to be lapped. At the end, there were only 16 riders that finished. None of our team were in that group. Oh well, it's early in the season and my training is geared more toward mountain biking.

No comments: