Tuesday, November 22, 2011

NBM #18

Every family usually has one person or group of people who take care of Thanksgiving dinner. Who was that when you were growing up and who is it now?


All my life my Grandmother, my mom's mom, has prepared our Thanksgiving dinners. All the family gathers at her house. She loves doing it and will only take a little bbit of help in the kitchen. Early this year, she had a stroke and lost movement of her left arm and leg. She has been in a nursing home since then. This year, we will go visit her on Thanksgiving, then probably go to Golden Corral to eat (blah). It's very hard to think about her not being able to fix the big family dinner. It makes me so sad. I can't do it this year, but maybe I will take over the Thanksgiving duties next year.

No comments: