Sunday, May 22, 2011

May Challenge 5/20

What was your favorite vehicle and why:

I think mine would be a tie. First would be my first car, a 1978 Subaru Brat. It was basically a regular sedan that they put a little truck bed on the back. It was tiny and under powered, but I loved it. It would go anywhere with on the fly 4 wheel drive. I wish I had the jump seats in the back though. The motor bleww in it after about 2 years.

Second would be my 1978 VW camper bus. Most people either love or hate old air-cooled VW's. I love them and drove them exclusively for about 8 years. My Westy was in great shape. Little to no rust and a great engine. Unfortunately, my girlfriend at the time rear ended an 88 Mustang with it and totalled it. For a long time I had plans to fix it, but the damage was to much. Someday I will have another one.

No comments: